Life passes you by

24/07/2015
ENGLISH "SUMMERTIME"

We are approaching the end of July and this is the first blog post I have written this year. I think it's safe to say that a lot has happened in just over seven months. But then again, some things have also barely changed...like the fact I am still crap at this blogging malarkey. My blog is reaching its third birthday in two days and I can't believe how much blogging has changed in that time. I think the days of people taking pictures of their outfits in their bedrooms and just writing about whatever popped into their heads are long gone. But I don't want them to be. I'm just not ready to be prancing around in a public place taking photos of myself that look like they should belong in a magazine. Nor can I afford to buy a £70 (maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get my point)  moisturiser that is sending the blogosphere into a frenzy. I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to bash what people enjoy posting about, as I do enjoy reading them, I'm just trying to explain that I miss how simple it used to be. I don't know, blogging just feels like its more about followers now and if you don't have above a certain number, you're not even worth looking at. The longer I didn't post, the more I felt out of the loop and the harder I found it to get my posts up to the high standards that most blogs at up to at the moment. I don't want to quit blogging as I do love it, I just need to get myself reacquainted with the ropes. So I'm going to take it back to basics and start with an apology and a summary: 

To anyone who still reads this tumbleweed of a blog, thank you for sticking around, and I'm very sorry for the ridiculous lack of posts this past year. However, in that time I have:
  • Donated blood for the first time
  • Failed my driving test
  • Passed my driving test
  • Applied to universities and got offers from 4/5
  • Rejected all my offers from said universities
  • Seen Passenger, Ben Howard and Kodaline live
  • Discovered I suck at A-levels
  • Finished Year 13
  • Celebrated my 18th birthday 
  • Went on my first holiday without my parents (DISNEYLAND, FYI)

Hopefully you should see a lot more posts being generated from this little space on the internet, so if want to hang around for that I would really appreciate it. Thank you again for putting up with me and the rambling mess this post has turned into. I hope you all have a lovely week.

comments ( 0 )

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I read all your comments and reply to any questions directly. Feel free to leave your blog link, I enjoy finding new blogs to read, however, please don't just leave "follow for follow" etc. Hope you have a lovely day xx