Motivational Mondays

10/06/2013
Image from Pinterest 
Hello lovelies, hope you're all doing well. It looks like it's that time of the week again: MONDAY IS UPON US. However, never fear, motivational Monday posts are here.

This week's quote is "A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not why ships are built". Now grab your swimming goggles and flippers, we're going to read deeper into this...

Many of us, including myself, like to stay in our comfort zones with our routines, friends, social activities and whatnot. Whilst there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes  it's good to push yourself and see what comes of it. Like the ship, we can stay doing what we already do and play it safe but if we never leave our "harbour" we will never discover or experience anything new or exciting and where's the fun in that?;D

I'm going off on a tangent now but there's another quote that says something like "you should do something that scares you everyday" and I think these two quotes go really  well together. Basically, step out of your comfort zone every now and then and see what happens. (Unless it's something like jumping out of an aeroplane without a parachute because you will most probably die and that's not good;D).

~
A little update: Here I go again, apologizing again for my awful blogging skills as I've only posted three times this year *cue tutting* however, I am really sorry, can you forgive me? Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to you lovely lot, for sticking around and saying such nice things in the comments, it really has made me smile. I'm still laptop-less so I can't promise regular posting yet (boo!), but now that I'm a working 'gal, I should hopefully be able to buy myself one soon.

In other news, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IN TWO WEEKS TODAY! I'm not excited or anything... I've also left school now, well until sixth form in September, which means I'm currently on "study leave" *cough someone please make me study, I'm going to fail cough* yay. Anyway I need to revise for my math's exam tomorrow or else I really am going to fail so thank you for reading all my ramblings and I hope to speak to you all soon!

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful post. You are right, people do tend to stay in their comfort zones and because of this do not achieve what they are supposed to. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing post, you're so right. I love my confort zone, and when I step out of it, I get all shy. But I do like to do things I've never done before. Pretty confusing. Love this quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! And EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. I've been holding back on quite a few things (personal and business) because I'm nervous and quite happy in my little bubble right now, but I seriously needed to hear a "go on, jump". So thanks!
    And HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!
    -Zie Darling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I read all your comments and reply to any questions directly. Feel free to leave your blog link, I enjoy finding new blogs to read, however, please don't just leave "follow for follow" etc. Hope you have a lovely day xx