Books to be read

09/02/2014

Hello lovelies, hope you're all doing well. I thought I'd do something new today and feature the books that I'm currently reading/read. First up is The Help by Kathryn Stockett, I've wanted to read this for such a long time so it must of been fate when I saw it sitting in my school library. I also really wanted to watch the film but I always have to read the book first before I see the film, does anyone else feel the need to do this? The book is about a white woman who writes a book about what it's like for black maids in the 1960s working for other white women. I found this book really interesting and I was actually quite sad to finish it but I highly recommend it!

After watching the trailer (it doesn't post anything on your fb) for Kiss Me First* by Lottie Moggach, I really can't wait to read this. The blurb: "On the internet, we can be anyone we choose. No one knows who we really are. Sheltered and obsessive, Leila spends more time online than out in the real world. So she seems the ideal person to take over the virtual identity of the vivacious and fragile Tess, who wants to disappear. But even with all the facts at her fingertips, there are things that Leila can't possibly know about Tess- or herself- until it is too late..." This looks like it's going to be really interesting.

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult is going to be a re-read for me as I enjoyed it that much when I first read it. It's about a boy who goes into his school and shoots ten people as a means of revenge for his bullying. It's really interesting as it's told from several different viewpoints and more and more information comes out not just about him but other people that lead to this event.

I've only read a few chapters of The Divide by Nicholas Evans but from what I can gather so far is that a girl called Abbie has been on the run as she is wanted by the FBI but her body has been found in a remote mountain and now her family is trying to figure out what happened to her. I've found this really easy to read so far and I can't wait to find out what happens.

Do you like these kind of posts? Have you read any of these books before?

6 comments :

  1. The book The Divide looks really interesting! Is it a YA novel?
    Love your blog's layout by the way!
    x

    thelivonne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but I would say yes, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  2. The Help is an amazing book! I really enjoyed reading it :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get into reading more and all of these books sound really interesting! x

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Help is supposed to be really good, I really want to read it!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound really interesting! I've wanted to read The Help for a while, but now I'll just have to get my hands on all four!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I read all your comments and reply to any questions directly. Feel free to leave your blog link, I enjoy finding new blogs to read, however, please don't just leave "follow for follow" etc. Hope you have a lovely day xx