Skincare on a budget

09/06/2014

Hello lovelies, hope you're all doing well. Over the years I have accumulated my fair share of skincare products from various drugstores, some of which have worked wonders, others not so much...so I thought it would be helpful to share the products in my routine, especially for people on a budget like myself as the majority of the products are under a fiver. However, please bear in mind that my routine is not exhaustive as I don't use products such as toners and cream cleansers as I personally have never seen a difference when I have used them in the past.

EVERYDAY: When I wake up, I just wash my face with some water and then depending on how my skin feels I apply my Nivea Creme (review here, £3.39) or my superdrug skin oil (£2.99) and allow that to sink into my skin. I then apply my superdrug Vitamin E eye cream (£2.99) which makes my dark circles look so much brighter. In the evening, I will take off my makeup using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (£3.32) and wash my face again with water.  Then I apply my nivea creme and/or a couple of drops of The Body Shop's Overnight Serum in oil (£12) and go to bed.

DURING THE WEEK:  Every 2/3 days I will use either my Botanics Purifying Face Scrub (£3.99) or my neutrogena Daily Scrub (£4.95), depending on if I'm having a bad skin day, to exfoliate my face. Both leave my face feeling really soft and looking a lot brighter. Once a week I will use Avon's Blackhead Clearing Mask (£3.50) to clean my pores.  

And that is pretty much it. Are you a drugstore or high-end skincare kinda-gal? What is your favourite drugstore product?

3 comments :

  1. Nice choices! I love budget posts, makes a difference from seeing really expensive things i want to own haha!
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a self confessed bargain grabber, i literally have almost all of these haha. the pink grapefruit scrub is my favourite, makes me feel all girly and fresh. I'm having a little necklace giveaway on my blog at the moment if you're feeling lucky :-)
    Jennifer's Journal xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've encouraged me to try Nivea products! I'm still on the hunt for a perfect moisturizer. I have stuck with Neutrogena for my acne cleansers for a while now, but I am always testing different variations of the products within that brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I read all your comments and reply to any questions directly. Feel free to leave your blog link, I enjoy finding new blogs to read, however, please don't just leave "follow for follow" etc. Hope you have a lovely day xx